Propane can be used for more than just heating your home or water. It provides the flexibility and efficiency that our customers need throughout their entire home or business. Today’s home or business environment demands smart, sustainable energy choices. Because it’s safe, cost efficient, and it has lower carbon emissions, propane is now the most widely used alternative fuel. From clothes drying to cooking and space heating to hearth products, propane products are a great way to increase both the efficiency and comfort of your home or business at a much lower price than electricity.
Fireplaces and other hearth products are now found in almost 65 percent of all new homes. People everywhere rely on the warmth, comfort, and aesthetic beauty that a propane powered fireplace can provide to any environment. Home and business owners demand high quality products that provide the highest levels of comfort, flexibility, and adaptability. At Shawley’s we are proud to offer a complete line of propane fireplaces that give complete customization to the buyer. Customers have the ability to customize the look and feel of their units. From traditional style fireplaces to modern, stainless steel units, there is no limit to the possibilities you can enjoy with a propane powered fireplace.
Benefits of a Propane Fireplace:
- Propane fireplaces are easily controlled through the use of wall mounted switches or hand held remotes. Customers have the ability to thermostatically control the fireplace via temperature controlled digital remotes and conveniently turn the unit on/off with the push of a button.
- Propane fireplaces can also be equipped with built in dampers, smoke shelves, and heat circulating features/equipment to provide both radiant and convective heat.
- Many propane fireplaces can be operated even without electricity. There is no need to worry about power outages in the coldest winter nights. If you have a propane fireplace, you can rest assured you will continue to have the warmth and comfort you need.
- A quality propane fireplace adds value to your home while at the same time giving you uncompromising comfort with a reliable heating source. Aside from kitchen and bathroom renovations, fireplaces add the most return on your home investment.
Fireplace inserts are heating units that retrofit into an existing fireplace. They burn wood, gas, or wood pellets and offer superior efficiency. Fireplace inserts utilize the existing chimney with the addition of a flue liner for exhaust gases. Vent-free fireplace inserts require no chimney or flue modification. Many inserts have blowers to circulate the heat through the living area. Because they are manufactured with sealed combustion chambers, inserts provide excellent heating and efficiency capabilities over traditional fireplaces.
Benefits of a Fireplace Insert:
- A traditional fireplace requires the damper to be open while in use, allowing large amounts of heat to escape. Direct vent gas inserts have a sealed combustion chamber that reduces the amount of heat escaping and ensures more heat is radiated into the room. Direct vent gas inserts utilize 100 percent of combustion air from outside the house.
- Gas inserts can improve your homes indoor air quality. While wood burning fireplaces may increase particulate and allergens in the air, the sealed combustion chamber guarantees 100 percent of combustion by products are expelled outside the home, maintaining your home’s indoor air quality.
- A stylish, well designed insert can make the living area that much more aesthetically pleasing. You can choose from dozens of different styles and designs, including inserts that sit right in your fireplace and inserts that project from the wall. If you’ve been thinking about giving your living space a mini-makeover, consider installing a fireplace insert for a quick lift.
Gas log sets bring the splendor and warmth of a wood fire to your home without depleting our forests or polluting our environment by burning natural wood. Also, because propane burns cleaner than natural wood, there are less harmful emissions. Gas logs can easily be operated manually through the valve on the unit or wirelessly with a remote control. Gas logs are hand painted to create the most realistic look and feel possible. Active, natural flames and glowing embers further project the aesthetic beauty and warmth of a wood fireplace without the hassle. There are no ashes to be removed and no need for chopping or storing natural wood. All you need to do is turn the unit on and enjoy the benefits of a natural wood fire without the costs or headaches.
The Difference Between Vented and Vent Free Gas Logs
Gas logs can either be vented or vent free units. Vented gas logs require the exhaust gases from the unit to be vented outside of the room. This requires vented gas log sets to be installed in fireplaces equipped with a functioning damper and chimney. Vent free gas log sets are equipped with burners designed to burn propane more cleanly and as a result produce little exhaust. This low amount of exhaust means the unit can be burned without a damper or functioning chimney, eliminating the need for a vent system.
Benefits of a Vented Gas Log Set
- Vented gas logs sets offer the most realistic flame pattern that looks almost identical to actual burning natural wood.
- The flames produced by vented gas logs are often times much taller, fuller, and more vibrant than those produced by vent free units.
- The design of the burner and venting system of vented gas logs create flames that appear to “dance” and wrap around the logs much like a natural wood fire.
Benefits of a Vent Free Gas Log Set
- Vent free gas log sets do not require a functioning chimney or damper to vent exhaust gases to the outside atmosphere therefore allowing more heat to radiate to the area or living space the unit is installed in.
- Vent free gas logs by design burn propane in a cleaner manor, thus reducing the amount of pollution or emissions being released to the air.
- Vent free gas logs over time will also use slightly less propane than traditional vented gas logs because the efficiency of the burner.
- Whether you’re looking for a gas log set to heat your living room or to add to the aesthetic beauty of your home, Shawley’s has an option that is right for you.
Appliance & Equipment Installation
The service technicians at Shawley’s are capable of installing all of your home’s appliance needs. From clothes dryers to in-door barbeque systems, our technicians have you covered. Our prompt and dependable service means we are in and out getting you back to enjoying your new appliance as soon as possible. We pride ourselves in efficient, clean, and professional installations of equipment and appliances. Call today to have your new gas range, clothes dryer, or other appliance installed by our knowledgeable, professional, and courteous service department.
Space heaters that burn propane are an excellent way to help lower your overall heating bills during the winter time. By providing supplemental heat in addition to your main heating unit such as a furnace or boiler, space heaters allow you to control the temperature of the space you utilize the most without wasting money heating the rest of the home or business. Space heaters are a very cost effective way of adding value and comfort to your home. At Shawley’s we understand that no two homes or businesses are alike and that everyone has their own unique needs. That’s why we offer free, no hassle consultations and estimates. Let the experienced staff at Shawley’s help make your life more comfortable.
Benefits of Propane Heaters
- Flexibility. Propane space and area heaters are available in a large range of sizes. Units can either be wall mounted or freestanding. From small units designed to heat just a couple square feet to units built to heat whole rooms, there is a propane heater that is right for you.
- Efficiency. Propane heaters produce fewer pollutants, emissions, and greenhouse gases than traditional fuel oil or kerosene heaters. Many vent free propane heaters offer excellent supplemental heat as well as 99.9% efficient operation.
- Performance. Highly efficient operation coupled with the characteristics of propane mean propane space heaters create a heating source that delivers radiant heat exactly where and when you need it the most without increasing your heating bills. Many propane heaters have the ability to operate without electrical power ensuring that even if the lights go out, you’re still protected by the warmth of propane.
Propane dryers quickly reach the temperatures needed to dry clothes, much faster than traditional electric units. The moist heat of propane clothes dryers reduce the risk of clothes burning or becoming discolored and even help to reduce wrinkles. The efficient operation of propane dryers is not only better for your clothes but also your wallet and environment. The clean burning nature of propane ensures environmentally friendly operation while costing you less than electric units. Don’t get taken to the cleaners to dry your clothes, call the experts as Shawley’s to learn more about the benefits of propane clothes dryers.